Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Latest Cake

I had the honor of making a cake for my friend's baby shower. Melissa and her husband (well her family, they already have 2 children) are adopting a baby boy, Ethan, from Rwanda. They leave this week to pick him up. He is so stinkin' cute!!
Anyway, I had a blast experimenting with fondant. I had never used fondant before and so it was fun to try it out. I thought the cake turned out pretty well for a first.





I made this cake for a "County Fair" that our church did. We weren't able to have our yearly 4th of July Celebration this year because of the major amounts of rain that we had, so we had a county fair instead.


1 comment:

Kandi said...

Wow, you're talented! They're beautiful. You should've seen the pathetic thing I called a cake that I made for Micah's birthday.