Sunday, June 3, 2007

TYSON'S 2nd BIRTHDAY



So, I have been meaning to blog forever. I created my blog in November and haven't blogged since. So, here I go.

Tyson turned 2 on May 16th, which doesn't seem possible! He, back a few weeks ago, was obsessed with CARS (the movie). He wanted to watch it every day...I think I have the whole movie memorized now. So, we decided to do a CARS themed party because the stuff is everywhere. So, closer to the party his new favorite changed to Monsters Inc. and then to Shrek (he loves ee-haws). But, I wasn't about to change the theme.

Here is the cake I made. It turned out pretty cute, but I think that it was my most frustrating cake to date that I have ever made. The frosting, for some reason, was very soft. I had to keep putting it in the freezer so that I could attempt to star tip it onto the cake. At least it tasted good!! Yum.



Tyson is also very infatuated with blowing out candles. For his birthday (the day of) I made him cupcakes...I believe we lit the candles 6 or 7 times, just so that he could blow them out again.



The party was last weekend and Luke's parents, sister, and sister's kids were able to come for the party. It was fun to have family to help celebrate his birthday. This is Kenzie. She is the cutest!

5 comments:

Luke Coles said...

Great job on Tyson's B-day Boo. I Love You!

Colette said...

I LOVE the cake! You are so talented. Welcome to the blog world!

Miss you...=o(

Allison McKenney said...

I too must welcome you!

I showed Macy your blog and she said, "Serena?" Pause..."Luke's Serena?" We miss you!!

Both of us loved the cake...hmm...who has a b-day next? Will you make a cake for yourself?

Love you - A

Serena Coles said...

I don't know if I will actually make a cake for myself this year. I have been craving Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake. So we might go there instead.:)
Hi Macy!

Priscilla said...

Cute cake Serena! I have just recently discovered how much fun it is to make cakes. And it is even more fun to make them for a 2 year old! Good job! And...excited for you and your growing family!