Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"EMERGENCY" Ultrasound

I had an emergency ultrasound today. My doctor wasn't worried, but for precautinary reasons, she scheduled one. She was worried that either the baby wasn't growing as well anymore or that my amniotic level was low because I was measuring 3 cm smaller than my growth should have been.
The results...the amniotic fluid level was completely fine and Keely is measuring BIGGER in all aspects than most children at this week and is weighing an estimated 4 1/2 pounds which is about 1 1/4 lb - 1 1/2 lb bigger. Okay, so I guess I have big babies. Maybe that will mean she will be early. We are praying for somewhere around December 16th (2 weeks early).
It was fun to see her again. She is definitely squashed in there and moving a lot!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

So no problem with your amniotic levels? I measured smaller with Connor two weeks before his due date, so we did the emergency ultrasound and then had the emergency inducement!

If you think you're baby is going to be big, fight to get an ultrasound a couple of weeks before your due date. Having a very large baby is an unnecessary danger.

But, yay! I'm glad she's growing big and strong!

Colette said...

Whoosh. I'm glad to hear that she's fine!

Missing you in Oregon!

Aimee Jo said...

I'm glad that your baby girl is fine and that you are doing well.
It seems like your pregnancy has gone by so quickly (at least on my end!) but I'm sure it seems like an eternity to you.