Monday, May 26, 2008

The Last Couple Weeks

Wow! We have been here for one week already. I can tell you that a lot has happened...and there have been times of stress, times that I wasn't sure how we were going to get everything finished, and many times when I was just plain exhausted. We are finally a little more settled. I have most of our clothes hung up and out of suitcases. So, I am feeling a little bit better about everything. Our belongings are supposed to arrive in the next couple of days.
Keely has not been feeling that well since we have gotten here, probably the weather. We left OK at 5:00am and it was probably already (or still) in the 80s, and when we arrived in Portland it was in the low 50s. So, her congestion could be because of the weather, getting used to a different time zone, not sleeping well, different allergens...your guess is as good as mine...oh yah, she's been chewing on everything, teething?
Tyson is behaving so much better this past week than the week we packed. I hardly spent any time with him the week that we packed the house up. Our friend Stephanie came over 3 or 4 days to help with him. Thanks Stephanie! He behaved so much better while he had someone's attention.
Tyson's still potty training. Well he is potty trained, he just chooses when he goes on the potty and when he goes in his diaper. Yesterday we went to Target and he got to pick out all sorts of fun rewards. We are trying this out and seeing that within the next couple days if he will go on the potty all the time. I am also going to put him in big boy underwear cold turkey next week.
(I have heard that that works much faster, especially for boys. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Melissa Osborn said...

Um, so on Sunday you were not there and I think it hit me that you were really gone. Poopy.

I miss you already.

Serena Coles said...

I was there, but at second service. Keely and Tyson hadn't been sleeping well at all with the packing, etc. So, I just decided that we would go to second.
I miss you too! Oh and there aren't any CVS's here anymore. I guess I will have to learn to Walgreens.