Saturday, May 3, 2008

Party in the Bathroom!?!

So, we are potty training. (If you don't want to read on that is fine!)

(I am speaking as if it were yesterday.) For the past two days, Tyson has not pooped. He has started several times and I get him to the potty and we sit on the potty for usually at least 10 minutes. But, he still hadn't gone. To put my frustration a little more into perspective, he probably sat on the potty at least 10 times..totaling probably at least 2 hours of time over the past two days. (He has gone before on the potty and for some reason the past two days, he would just not go. Why does it have to be such a fight?)

Last night one of our friends was over and I am so sorry she had to witness what she witnessed. (I guess I should also mentioned that we had tried bribing him with many things...including ice cream and cookies.) I was getting Keely ready for bed and Tyson was being disobedient so Luke had put him into his bedroom until he was ready to stop crying and ready to listen to us. As soon as he went in there I knew that he was going to poop. Well, he did. He was only in his bedroom for a few minutes.

I had just finised nursing Keely and was burping her...when...Tyson opened his door and said "Mama, look!" I knew immediately what he had done. He came around the corner, so excited with himself. In his hand was his pull-up full. Since I was holding Keely, Luke immediately took him to the bathroom. All Luke said was, "Tyson, we don't do that" (or something to that effect). Luke didn't even have anger or anything in his voice...and Tyson just melted. He was devestated. I think Tyson was so excited that he had finally gone and thought that we would be so pleased with him for going that when Luke said, "no" it hurt his feeling so bad. He cried the whole time Luke was cleaning him up.

I guess it could have been worse. He actually wasn't that messy.

Again...the joys of parenting.

Oh and about the "party" part...there had been many times where there were 3+ people in the bathroom while Tyson was trying to go. We would read books trying to get him to relax enough to go.

No comments: