Sunday, June 28, 2009

My first Wedding Cake

So, I got to do my first wedding cake this weekend. It is for a friend of mine that I went to college with...Sara Busch. And I was so excited about doing it. I was so happy with how it turned out! The three tiers got progressively darker in color. And, I just thought it was a beautiful cake.






While we were on the way to the wedding, the bottom layer (remember I said three cakes) just started to fall apart. I almost started crying...but, I think I was too tired that I just didn't. I was devastated, frustrated, etc. But, at least we were able to save the top two to present and the bottom was still very edible.


So, I definitely learned from this experience. I will never NEVER transport a cake this big when it is all together.

2 comments:

Nadia said...

Still looks yummy to me, you always do such a great job with cakes!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Cake! I'm sorry that you lost the bottom portion but it looks like the other parts stayed together. You always do such a wonderful job, Serena!