Friday, June 12, 2009

Vegas so far...

...has been very relaxing.
I was MORE than exhausted yesterday. Three nights with not good sleep or not much sleep took a toll on my body. And the little room on the plane to try to fall asleep only produced a kink in my neck. So, on top of me being tired...now with a kink in my neck...I was nauseous part of the first flight and the majority of the second flight. We experienced quite a bit of turbulence. I have never felt like that on a plane before! Luckily shortly after we landed it was gone. (We each received a $100 voucher for our next trip for some reason that I didn't hear.) *Just another little side note: On our second flight we sat by a grandmotherly woman who was going to San Fran to visit her 86 year old mother. We got to talking and long story short...she thought we were teenagers...not almost 29 year olds, and was astounded that we had not one, but two children!*
After standing in the taxi line for probably 10 minutes...we finally got on a taxi. The line was amazing. There were 12 places for taxis to pull up to and we were almost constantly moving up in line. But, it takes a while to move that many people through! Wow!! We had a horrible driver. He was constantly breaking and then flooring it and then breaking. So after going a little shy of one mile and paying $10.90 we arrived at our hotel. (Not the best first experience for Luke.) We were able to check into our hotel room right away...right around noon, even though check in wasn't until 3:00pm. So I unpacked everything and then we started looking for restaurants because I desperately needed some protein. We learned (thank you google maps) that there was a In-N-Out about .7 miles from us...so we went!! So yummy. Plus, we got a little exercise and we got to walk through the UNLV campus. (We are staying at the Embassy suites...and our room is beautiful! Not one, but two flat screen tvs!)
After lunch we "took" a nap. Luke fell asleep for a few minutes and I tossed and turned until Luke's phone rang and we both jumped. (I had drank caffeine at lunch...not a good idea if I want to take a nap!) So, we decided to head out to the pool! Luke said that the water was very cold. I don't know, I didn't try it. I hate being cold! (Maybe today I will jump in.) We layed out in the sun and just enjoyed being with each other and talking.
We went to PF Changs for dinner. It is walking distance away. So we dressed up all perdy (and we didn't take a picture :( and had a most scrumptuos meal!)
Of course THE game was on last night and we had to watch it. And, I actually got to watch it! We watched for a little while after dinner and then headed down to enjoy the hot tub. Obviously it is too warm (it will be in the high 80s while we are here) out to enjoy the hot tub while the sun is out. But, there was a nice breeze last night and it felt wonderful!! We finished the game when we got back and then turned in for the night...just before 10:00.
I cannot say that I am not missing my children. I miss them a lot. It was harder last night when I was really tired and am usually tucking them in. But, this break is awesome!!

1 comment:

Nadia said...

So fun to hear an update, can't wait to hear more! We had Keeley in our church group tonight! So fun! She was great and looked adorable with Nana and Papa!