Monday, November 19, 2007

Keely Update

I had a doctor's appointment on November 5th (and wrote this then and am just now posting it). And my doctor wanted to check my amniotic fluid levels again, via ultrasound, just to be cautious. Everything is great. My doctor kept saying, "Your'e hiding this baby very well." "She is very much so in my back." And, Keely is actually about the average poundage right now, so she must have gone through a growth spurt just before my last ultrasound. So, currently she is just a little bigger than average. YEAH!

I started to have quite a few contractions on Friday night (2nd). Friday was just a very stressful day...and then in the evening we cut Tyson's hair. (Tyson didn't used to mind getting his haircut, but now it's like we're killing him.) He really needs his hair cut every two weeks, but it had been 5...high time that he got a hair cut!! Anyway, he got to sit on my lap and have a sucker and watch a movie. From the beginning of the haircut, he was screaming. So he sat on my lap and I had to hold his head still so that we could cut his hair. I guess I should tell you a couple days prior to this he slipped off the couch and got a bad rug burn on his nose...you can probably see where this is going. By the end, he was so sweaty and the hair was sticking all over his face that he began to rub his face very hard. He ended up rubbing his nose and rubbing the scab off. So then, along with the stickiness and hair, we had blood all over him and dripping all over. Wow what an ordeal! Then to top it all off, I started crying because I couldn't handle anything else. And then I started to have contractions.

The contractions did stop when I laid down. But, since then, I have been having a few every day. Last Monday (12th) I had 9 in one hour...so I laid down again. They pretty much stopped. But, since the whole hair cutting episode, I am definitely having quite a few every day. Yesterday, I even was awoken 4-5 times during the night by a contraction.




Here I am at 34 weeks. :)

2 comments:

Kori said...

Not that this is the time of year to really plan on slowing down, but try to take it easy. We hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving.

Priscilla said...

Serena, you are such a cute pregnant lady!